Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ashley, 5th Grade, Reviews Lemony Snicket's "The Wide Window"


The Wide Window is about three children named Violet, Klaus, and Sunny who have bad luck. Their parents died in a house fire so they ended up in the care of their Aunt Josephine. Aunt Josephine ends up living in a cave. Captain Sham forced her to leave so he could have the kids to himself. The kids spent their time with him as slaves trying to escape and reunite with their aunt.
 
My favorite part was when the kids found Aunt Josephine. I liked that section because they missed her and were worried sick. I love reunions!
 
My least favorite part was when Aunt Josephine had to pretend to jump out the window but ran out the front door instead.
 
I would recommed this book to kids like me who enjoy reading adventures.