Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In Praise of Itunes By Lauren, 12th Grade


Everyone loves music. There are so many genres that interest all different people. Itunes helps finding new music really easy. On iTunes, there are over 30 different genres and many ways to search for your favorite songs. ITunes is great since it has many features that are customized to you based on the music in your itunes library. This feature is great since because of it I have discovered new artists and songs that I love but never would have noticed before. But iTunes is not only for music; you can rent movies, watch TV shows, and download apps for your iPod touch or iPhone. The movie rentals are great since it cost the same as a movie rental from other places but you can watch it on your iPod. Plus you also have 30 days to start watching your rental and 24 hours from once you start the movie to watch it. I have used this cool feature three times and it is great since I was able to see the movies I wanted without having to go to the store and rent them. With the click of my mouse I was able to download them and put them on my iPod. Another one of my favorite features is the app store. It is great because the free apps are most of the time the best. You can download apps that pertain to anything you can imagine. I suggest you download Lemonade Tycoon and Iheartradio. Lemonade Tycoon is an addicting game where you try to build a Lemonade business starting off with one neighborhood lemonade stand. Iheartradio is app that features over 500 radio stations from across the country. It has all the popular ones like Z100 with stations from all different genres. ITunes has changed so much in the last 5 years. I am glad to be able to experiences all the changes it making to make mmusic, movie, TV, and app life more pleasant.